Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

3 posters

Initial Greetings [Private]

Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bloodline | Ninjutsu | Taijutsu | Genjutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Kuchiyose | Ijutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: 253,660

Initial Greetings [Private] Empty Initial Greetings [Private]

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:28 pm

Missions:
    From what Satori had heard, Akemi and Riku had already met, however, they had yet to really interact together. Due to that, he'd thought up a simple enough solution so that they could get used to interacting together. Satori had asked both of them to come and meet him in the village center. He figured they couldn't train all the time, and learning a bit about one another was a good way to help improve teamwork as well. It was their second year in the Academy, and Satori had known both of them for a little less than a year now. His interactions with Riku had become fairly normal, freely traveling between both their homes, training with her, studying different subjects and taking her out on whims. Several times he'd simply showed up, scooped her up telling Taji he was taking her to the market and not returning until late, simply spending time with the girl.

On the other hand, with Akemi, the pair pretty much always spent their time training together. Sparing and working together against Kiyoshi was how both the boys tended to spend their time, trading knowledge, practicing new ideas for techniques, working on teamwork and strategy were their key interactions. Their social interaction was fairly minimal, not out of any reluctance on either side, but simply because they were both so obsessed with training that it never really occurred to the boys to do anything else. He'd learned a fair bit about Akemi despite that, but it was no real substitute for just sitting down and talking casually about different things. Satori was hoping the two different types of interactions with him would balance one another out a bit, as well as the fact Akemi and Riku already knew one another as well.

Now, the boy sat patiently on a bench, long limbs stretched out. It had only been a year, but he was already nearly six feet in height now, and his body had begun slowly filling out to erase his lanky frame. A large hand lifted, scratching at his chin in thought as he contemplated the first place to go with his friends when they arrived, also pondering which would arrive first. Despite the large boy's position, few gave him any looks. Unlike the other Ryuutei, Satori made an active attempt to interact with the village as a whole and it had slowly, but surely, helped his interactions with them. Some even waved at him cheerfully, recognizing him from his trips to the center with Riku in tow.

Vastly different from a year ago, when his presence had inspired uncertainty, especially at the sight of the clan symbol on his arm. It was nice, not having to be feared by his own people now. There was still a long way to go in order to instill cultural understanding between his clan and the village, but this made it clear that, at the very least, it was possible for them to live peacefully.

Hearing the soft click of feet on the stone, Satori's head slowly tilted in the direction of the noise as he sniffed the air, searching for the scents of the pair that he had memorized at this point, wondering which was the first to arrive.

Riku

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Chemistry, Ninjutsu, Ijutsu
    Class: C
    Ryo: 113,150

Initial Greetings [Private] Empty Re: Initial Greetings [Private]

Post by Riku Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:38 pm

Riku walked toward the village center at a relaxed pace. Her excitement at seeing Satori was tempered by the inclusion of one of their more tolerable classmates, Akemi. The blue haired girl had only spent time with Akemi a few times, none of which had been unpleasant, all of which had been centered around studying. While Riku appreciated having a good study partner, especially one that had never participated in bullying her, she hadn't been quite so enamored with him as she had been with Satori. Riku worked to keep her guard up around Akemi just in case.

Today would be interesting. Riku wondered what Satori's relationship with Akemi was like. Her tall friend had mentioned the short boy a few times, but hadn't really talked about doing anything with Akemi except training.

"Satori-kun!" Riku waved at the spiky-haired boy when she saw him sprawled out casually on a bench. She skipped over and sat next to him.

"How are you?" the girl scooted even closer and leaned her head on the tall boy, soaking in the warmth he always seemed to give off.

Her feet kicked back and forth idly while Riku waited for Satori to respond, she glanced around but found no sign of Akemi. She shrugged mentally. Technically, Riku was a few minutes early. There was no point in getting overly anxious about the third member of their group to arrive.

Riku hadn't questioned Satori's suggestion that they all meet up. If Satori thought they would get along well, they probably would. Still, the blue haired girl felt a little nervous. Even though she liked Akemi well enough from their previous interactions, Satori hadn’t been with them and she wasn't used to sharing her time with Satori with people outside of their families. How would that change their interactions? How would they include Akemi?

Satori began to pet Riku's hair as usual, which helped soothe the girl's errant thoughts. The blue haired girl sighed contentedly and relaxed instead of fidgeting.

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Akemi Nakamura
    Akemi Nakamura

Character File
    Skills & Elements: None
    Class: E
    Ryo: 0

Post by Akemi Nakamura Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:57 am

“Akemi-kun! What in the world are you doing?! I thought you said that you were meeting Satori and Riku at eleven! It’s eleven o’ five!!” His eyes shot open at the news, and he nearly fell out of his bed. It was his father’s voice, shouting at him that he’d’ overslept, meaning that he needed to get going. He immediately shot up and ran to take a shower, laying out clothes. He showered as quickly as he could, barely throwing on enough shampoo and having to go back and do it again.

He was panicking as he put on his clothes, all the while his father kept walking in and asking if he needed anything. With great speed he put on his clothes and equipped his kunai, and slung his kodachi around his belt, hanging it from the back of his hip. He had to get ready to get going. Satori and Riku were probably sitting around getting annoyed with the fact that he hadn’t showed up yet. But, as he thought to himself he couldn’t help but smirk at the thought of the two of them. They would probably just be sitting there enjoying each other’s company, hell they did it about nine times out of ten anyways.

Even as he raced out of his house, father shouting about his breakfast…or lunch something like that, Akemi couldn’t help but smirk as he thought about Riku and Satori sitting somewhere together. He was probably petting her, or making some kind of joke with her. His thoughts slowed down for a moment as he began to wonder what, exactly, Akemi could add to such a dynamic. After all, beyond training he and Akemi had never had any real interaction, and beyond helping her with her studies never had any interaction with Riku either. Though, he couldn’t deny that both of them had tried harder than most of the people in the Academy.

Rounding the corner he realized that he was approaching the square. He’d see them in a minute, and he was almost one hundred percent certain that he knew what he’d find. Finally as he looked around there they were, Satori petting Riku and Riku sitting beside him happy. He came to a stop in front of them.

“Hi Satori, Riku! I’m sorry I’m late. I overslept, but I’m here now!” He smiled broadly. “So how are you two doing?”
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Bloodline | Ninjutsu | Taijutsu | Genjutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Kuchiyose | Ijutsu

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:17 am

The approach of a bouncing blue orb in the corner of his vision caught his eyes, as it always seemed too. Her soft call caused his lip to twitch in amusement, and he easily lifted his arm so the girl could fall into place beside him and curl up like a feline. Petting her head idly as he answered her initial inquiry.

"I'm fine, finished my morning training and hunt. What about you?" Tilting his head a bit, he glanced down at the girl curiously while he played with her hair. Glancing at the sun, for a brief moment, Satori grew concerned. Akemi wasn't exactly the irresponsible sort, but he wasn't tremendously late either. Deciding to give him a bit more time before he grew worried he glanced down at the girl leaning against his hand and started idly braiding the threads in one hand next to her ear.

Shortly after, the boy came sprinting down from the entrance of the square, causing a brief laugh to form from Satori's lips. "Here I thought you were the responsible one," he teased the other boy good-naturedly, before smiling lightly.

"I'm fine. I've been thinking about a few ideas, but I figured the best would be to do something we're all familiar with first." Lifting his hand up, three papers flashed in the morning sunlight, unfolded from his jacket pocket. They all bore the mark of the Mizukage, missions. His grin widened slightly.

"The best way to learn about someone else is to see how they work on a professional level and a personal level. It's a good introduction I think, and will give us experience in real missions, even if they're only D-Ranks. What do you think?" The papers each were something simple to do around town. The administrative building needed painted and cleaned up, as did one of the local shops that surrounded them. The final was a simple mail delivery mission that they could do as they walked through town.

"What do you two think? It's some decent money as well, you guys can have my share. I can't use it anyway." With a wide grin, he would offer the pages for them to read in more detail as they wished. Interaction on the missions would be a good first test. How would their teamwork be? Could they work well off one another? He worked well with Riku, and he worked well with Akemi, but that didn't mean all three together would work well by any means. He was curious to find out, and to a degree-- hopeful.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:50 pm

"I'm alright," Riku replied to Satori's question as she settled against her friend's side. "I helped Kaa-san in the greenhouses again. Anzu-oba-san is going to start teaching me the inscriptions for the seals we use to enhance the climate control in our greenhouses."

After that, the blue-haired genin let a comfortable silence fall between them. She watched the crowd of people going about their daily errands ebb and flow, soothed by Satori's fingers moving through her hair. A yawn escaped her lips and her eyelids began to droop.

"Mm, I wonder where Akemi-san is, he's usually more punctual than this. Or, at least for our study sessions he is."

Around the time Satori began to perk up at the scent of their mutual acquaintance, Riku noticed Akemi's harried chakra signature growing closer. The blue haired girl sat up and rubbed her eyes just before Akemi came into sight, shouting his apologies.

"Fine," Riku responded to Akemi's question with a shrug. The sleepy expression on her face indicated that she had almost fallen asleep waiting.

"Are you alright, Akemi-san?" A blue eyebrow arched as Riku's eyes swept over the short genin's form.

Then, she turned her attention to Satori, who was announcing the activities he had planned for the day. The female genin leaned in to read the details of the missions their tall friend had procured.

"Cleaning the market will probably require the most cooperation," Riku mused aloud, rubbing her chin. "Though painting the administration building would allow us to talk more easily. I think these two are probably the best options for learning about each other." She sat back after her pronouncement and glanced at the two boys to see their reactions.

Satori probably wouldn't respond first; he wanted to know what they thought, so Riku settled for watching Akemi evenly.

[2]

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Akemi Nakamura
    Akemi Nakamura

Character File

Post by Akemi Nakamura Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:34 pm

He smiled and chuckled a bit awkwardly. It was definitely true, that normally he was more on top of things, but it annoyed him ever so slightly that he had overslept. And by ever so slightly, it annoyed him horribly. Why in the world had his body chosen this day to oversleep?!

Stopping in front of the two he couldn’t help but watch, as the closeness between the two of them was more than evident. It… In a way it made him jealous of them, there was a closeness that Riku and Satori had and it made him yearn for something like that. But he had his own goals to work on, he had to become the best shinobi, learn as much jutsu as he could, be a sword against his villages enemies, or a shield for their people.

Satori had his own reasons for doing what he did and Riku, in some ways, had her own reasons for doing what she did. But in the end, he would surpass them both. He’d been training himself like mad to beat Satori, though the young man was born with a proclivity that it made even catching up to him difficult. Still he would push on, doing his best. The one thing that he felt like he needed was a way to make himself stronger, but the question was could he? Even with the training from going against Satori’s father, he knew that there was so much more that he’d need were he to ever approach the same level as Satori.

Slowly he saw Satori grin, and Akemi grinned back, even as his friend teased him. But that was the most important part: the two of them were friends, he had long since begun to understand what Satori’s mother had been talking about. Riku seemed rather aloof, though that wasn’t anything unusual either, though her questioning if he was alright… He gave her a nod and smile. He wasn’t, alright, but he was working to get there. But the moment that he saw the papers he could feel the fire light under him yet again.

His friend held up three sheets of paper, each one held a mission on it, something for them to do. Ways for them to get to know each other on a more personal and professional level something that he needed. Akemi understood it more than anything. He needed to know that he could work with them as well as he could work with them individually. This would really help him get to know them, hopefully.

Looking over Satori’s shoulder Akemi read the different missions one after another, and he couldn’t deny the logic in Riku’s statements as she spoke. Either painting the admin building or the shop would allow the three to get to know each other in the most personal way, the most important thing in this, he felt like, was their ability to work together as a team.

“While I’d agree that painting would allow us to be able to talk, cooperation is the most prudent thing to work on, don’t you think? It’ll help us learn how best we can work together.”
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:50 pm

Satori allowed his gaze to drift to the side, examining the sleepy Riku with an amused smile-- though, she quickly woke up. Once the papers were brought up especially, she was quite active on it and put in her opinion quickly. Tilting his head a bit to the opposite side of the last action, he would listen to both their opinions before a grin formed on his lips.

"Well, then let's do all three," Satori stated simply, clapping his hands together before re-folding the papers and carefully tucking them back into his shirt. Slowly hauling himself to his feet he would contemplate the best course of action, if they were doing all three then getting the mail delivered was definitely the easiest, but before that, they had to officially claim the missions in question and get them signed. After all, these were just the papers placed up on the board to alert individuals, the missions happened so often you had to get cleared so they knew who was doing them.

"First let's get them approved. The post office is only a bit down the street, so we can get them signed and get the mail we need to deliver all in one go. It'll give us time to talk while we go, no need to rush, we have all day to get them done." If they needed to they could always use techniques and chakra to get the jobs done effortlessly. But that wasn't the point of this, he didn't need the money and though he was happy to give it to his less-pragmatic friends, the goal was to complete the missions on record and learn a bit about their little trio.

Turning to lead the way, he would place his hands lightly on his hips while he hummed softly under his breath in thought.

"Hm. Alright," with a grin he clapped his hands together, "Let's play a question game. It's a good way to break the ice and learn a bit about things that normally wouldn't be brought up. I'll ask a question, and give my answer to it, you both answer, then whoever is next does the same thing-- let's see. Let's go by age." Glancing at them both he blinked, then laughed. "Two birds with one stone, let's start it off with the first question. What're your birthdays?" With this, he would tuck his hands into the pockets of his hoodie, though he left his arm open for Riku to cling to if she wished.

"I turned fourteen on July twenty-eighth, a Leo, if you go by those zodiac things that are in the papers." With a smile, he shrugged his large shoulders causing the wild mane of hair to shift slightly.

"I guess I'd be the Black Lion in that case though," blinking a moment, Satori glanced upward. Crimson eyes glinting in the light as he contemplated the name, before a slight grin formed on his lips. "I like that actually. Let's make that my epithet I go by when I'm Mizukage in a few years. 'Black Lion' Satori has a nice ring to it." Chuckling, he would glance between them both, curious about their own birthdays as well as who among them was eldest at the moment since it would determine who asked and answered the next inquiry as they walked casually toward the post office.

Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:57 am

Riku stood just after Satori, stretching her arms above her head. Ordinarily, she would have whined at the tall boy for moving when he was supposed to be her pillow, but they had business to attend to. That aside, it felt strange to fall into her regular childish antics with Akemi accompanying them. The blue haired genin easily fell into step with Satori and Akemi as they began to head towards the post office.

She glanced at the stalls and shops lining the streets, contemplating a snack on the way to their first mission. Then, Riku remembered that she was trying to be at least a little professional. Maybe she could suggest getting something to eat after they finished their missions.

The blue haired girl let Satori's question game distract her from her tummy for a bit. She glanced up at him curiously. It took a bit of effort not to pout at Satori or narrow her eyes. He already knew her birthday (had sussed it out almost three years ago thanks to her little sister's big mouth). Then, she glanced at Satori's left arm and resisted the urge to cling to him. Instead, she settled for watching the roofs for other ninjas passing by.

Riku giggled at Satori's musings on his epitaph. "I think those sorts of names are usually given to you by other people, though I suppose you can pick whatever you want when you're the Mizukage."

"I turned fourteen in July. I suppose that means I'm a Cancer. I hope that isn't the name people give me when I'm strong enough for people to know my face." Her nose wrinkled. "Blue Cancer. What kind of name is that? Besides, I already have an epitaph."

Riku grinned at the two boys. "I'm the Witch of the Mist." She waved her hands emphatically, fingers glowing green with medical chakra for effect. Then, the female student let her hands fall to her sides. Her eyes slid over to Satori's arm again. It was probably warm.

Her resolve to stay professional and try not to get too absorbed in Satori wavered. Riku knew she shouldn't let herself get distracted to the point where she forgot about trying to get to know Akemi a little better, that wouldn't be fair to the short boy, but Satori was making it hard not to just hang onto him and forget everyone else existed.

Maybe she could hold his arm and pay attention to Akemi at the same time.

Riku glanced at Akemi. He was probably going to talk soon. It occurred to the blue haired girl that she didn't remember his birthday. She had it written down somewhere (after all, it would have been a shame to have such a hole in her records) but hadn't committed that fact to memory. Perhaps it was time to put a little more effort into being Akemi's friend.

[3]

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Akemi Nakamura
    Akemi Nakamura

Character File

Post by Akemi Nakamura Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:08 pm

He couldn’t help but smile as he looked at his friends, and nodded when Satori said they’d just do them all, and got to his feet with a clap of his hands. He would follow nicely behind the two of them, with a smile despite his lack of confidence. As Satori talked about getting them approved at the post office, Akemi couldn’t help but chuckle. Satori and Riku were great friends and, his parents often talked about the two of them probably being a couple sometime in the future. Akemi, for his own part, had no real thoughts on the matter, but they were very good friends, of that he was certain.

That was when suddenly Satori proposed a game, a question game so that they could all get to know each other a little better. A good proposal to be quite certain. First was age, apparently, and Satori gave his birthday. A Leo, eh? Akemi chuckled just a bit as he then mentioned being a Black Lion. Quite the moniker, he had to agree. Though when he talked about being Mizukage, Akemi grinned. That sounded a lot like him, Mizukage. Pretty grand. Riku then gave hers as July Fourteenth, and then said that she was already the Witch of the Mists. This made Akemi grin a bit more. She’d earned that back in the academy, and his mind swirled with stories he’d heard.

But then came his own turn and Akemi suddenly fell quiet for a few minutes. He didn’t exactly have a nickname that he could think of. He didn’t really need or even want one, as a matter of fact. Everyone knew him as Akemi, what else could they possibly call him?

“Well, my birthday is October eighteenth, so that makes me a Libra, but…” He shrugged a bit, as if he’d never really given it any thought. “Nothing really goes with Libra. Though… I suppose if my height stays the way that it has then I’ll probably be known as the Shrimp Shinobi.” He chuckled a bit, despite the fact that he was walking rather behind the other two. He never really felt justified walking beside them. They felt like they had such bright futures and then he was there, just slowing them down. So he stayed a good foot or so back, waiting for his own turn, he supposed.

Last edited by Akemi Nakamura on Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:57 pm

As Riku commented that generally others gave Epitaphs, Satori nodded his head once in agreement. "Yeah, but people give those things based on appearance and abilities. So all I need to do is give myself the right kind of appearance and it's bound to happen eventually." A grin spread over his lips, "Besides, don't you think it already fits?" Raising his hands up as if showing himself off, the boy snickered lightly in amusement.

Of course, when the girl commented on being a witch, his smile softened. She had been upset with that name before, it was a way for students to make fun of her and alienate her. But now she was gripping it as a form of strength, a title. It was something he could truly appreciate, seeing how far she'd evolved emotionally. Blinking, however, he noticed something a bit odd and glanced backward.

Satori noticed Akemi falling behind, almost immediately. Without any hesitation, after a few steps of this Satori's arm reached back like a great crane and yanked the boy up before placing him down with a thud beside them.

"What're you walking behind us for like a lost puppy? We're doing this together, get up here." He stated bluntly, cutting through any excuses the boy may have as he would allow his gaze to shift forward once more. Contemplating the information and doing some quick mental math, laughing softly.

"So Riku-chan is the youngest, I'm the middle-brat, and Akemi-kun is the oldest, huh?" A grin formed on his lips as he lightly nudged the boy with his elbow. "The Chibi Champion is our elder, would you look at that." His tone was teasing, but obviously held no cruelty, and as it was answered his gaze tilted upward as they walked.

"I suppose that means Akemi starts us off," glancing down at the boy he grinned, he'd noticed the confused expression earlier, he doubted the boy wouldn't figure it out, but just to be clear he'd give a brief explanation.

"Basically, ask us a question about something regarding our tastes. It can be as simple as a color, or something more complex. Whatever you want. Make sure you answer the question yourself first though. Make sense?" Glancing upward and measuring the time they had, he figured a few rounds between them would happen at their current pace, they were taking it fairly casual after all.

Akemi Nakamura

Character File

Post by Akemi Nakamura Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:18 pm

He heard Satori talking about people giving such nicknames based on appearance and ability. All he had to do was to get the right appearance and he would get the nickname at some point in the future. Akemi smirked, as he thought about how well the epitaph “Black Lion” already fit Satori. With his wild mane of hair, and eclectic fighting style, Satori fit the Black Lion name fairly well and he couldn’t help but chuckle a bit under his breath. Even when he heard Riku happy with the old nickname that the kids at school had given her.

But suddenly and rather surprisingly, he found himself hoisted off his feet and sat down beside of Satori, the other teen telling him they were doing this together. He wanted to laugh, despite the fact that Satori had just used lifted him up so easily. And he couldn’t help but smirk when he was called the oldest, and he stumbled lightly as Satori caught him before he caught his feet and righted himself. Still, he blushed and looked away for a moment as Satori called him the Chibi Champion. He had never really had a nickname before and hearing him be called one by his friend, well it made him a little bit embarrassed.

Satori told him to start off which, again made him blush slightly. He wasn’t the most confident when it comes to things like this, and so being put on the spot like this didn’t exactly help him. Though, his friend wasn’t wrong; a game like this would allow them to learn a bit more about each other. He was to give the first question, but he didn’t exactly know what he should ask. Whatever he asked he had to answer first, which would make personal questions…difficult. He was a bit loathe to talk about personal things.

“Hmm… Ask a question… a question…” he muttered. “Ok, I thought of one. Of the six different parts of our studies, what was your favorite? For example, my favorite was ninjutsu.” He smiled at the two, though he knew that this was a fairly common question, but could show a fair bit about the way that they thought. While he was pretty sure that he knew both Satori’s and Riku’s, but it never hurt to ask, didn’t it?
    Riku
    Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:33 am

Riku blinked and looked over to see Akemi trailing behind them and frowned. Satori corrected the situation, pulling him forward to stand at his other side, before the he haired girl could question him. The short boy flushed, especially once Satori began talking about Akemi's nickname and pointed out that he was the oldest.

Riku's eyebrow twitched upwards slightly. Akemi definitely didn't act like he was the oldest; based on attitude alone, the short boy --or Chibi Champion as Satori had called him-- would be the middle child: awkward and not really used to being the center of attention. He never seemed to expect the spotlight or know what to do with it when he was shoved into the front of everyone's minds. Satori was easily the eldest in this scenario, he acted like the leader and was the most confident of the trio. Riku was the youngest by default. She accepted her role easily because her mischievous side was fitting.

Akemi's question brought her thoughts back to the person she and Satori were trying to add to their dynamic.

Her favorite subject? The blue haired girl hummed in thought. Medical ninjutsu? Ninjutsu? The former was definitely of interest but not what Riku wanted to focus on except to aid her ability to hurt others. The latter was a useful tool but not her true love. Fuinjutsu maybe? Riku didn't know enough about it.

The only art that truly made her feel powerful was that chemistry, but that hadn’t been one of their focuses in the Academy. Most of her knowledge came from her mother, Taji. Finding new ways to slip compounds into her classmates’ food and drink had kept her quite entertained throughout those years. Once she figured out how to sneak poisons and other things into her spars, Riku had gained a reputation for being ruthless.

“Of our classes? Genjutsu, I suppose,” Riku answered, looping her arm around Satori’s. “There’s just something about it that draws me in.”

It wasn’t a complete answer, no, and only revealed so much about her without explanation. However, the blue-haired genin wasn’t entirely inclined to reveal too much about herself to Akemi, not yet. This exercise was also unlikely to benefit Satori in terms of knowledge about her. The tall boy already knew enough about her that nothing she could feel comfortable saying here would teach him anything new. Surface knowledge was safe, though. Being too reticent would only spark undue curiosity. Walking the fine line of building a shallow image of herself without filling it in too much was something that was challenging for Riku.

Usually, she wanted to let someone in or she didn’t. Most of the time, it was the latter. With Akemi, the blue-haired girl was unsure. She didn’t know enough about him and wasn’t willing to risk arming him with knowledge about her before she was certain about how she felt about the short boy. Satori trusted him, sure, but Satori could afford to trust people. They knew better than to cross him. Riku, on the other hand, wasn’t able to be so vulnerable. She couldn’t just give pieces of herself away to someone who hadn’t earned it. Maybe the Chibi Champion had proved himself to the tall boy, but he hadn’t to her. Maybe today that would change.

[4]

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:31 pm

Satori hummed at the question, his favorite subject? That was a bit more difficult than may have been obviously apparent. Certainly, Satori was naturally talented in the physical arts, but it wasn't exactly his calling like it was his father's. In fact, most of what they had learned he felt that way about. He didn't have much of a personal attachment to any of the forms of techniques, perhaps simply because he didn't have the ability to perform what he'd normally enjoy-- being likely something more intricate.

So, what did that leave him with? He could just say all that, but he felt like over-complicating the first question would throw poor Akemi off his already fragile social balance. Releasing a low hum of thought as Riku explained her own, his thumb gently brushed the back of her hand as she wrapped her arm around his own while he listened to her. He knew her reasons that it "drew her in", but he let it be for now. Trust was something that took time to earn, he'd saved the girl and it had still taken time for her to open up to him this much.

She was naturally closed off, trying to force her into anything would be wrong, it was that simple. Glancing over at Akemi he finally answered with a grin, "Fuuinjutsu. Though I haven't taken the time to go into it in detail, it's definitely my preference. One of the only subjects I really enjoyed, though Ninjutsu was pretty enjoyable sometimes." As he explained this, he would contemplate Akemi's response, ironic that though they'd met in physical combat training and both of them were clearly quite good at it, it wasn't either of their favorites when it comes to enjoying it.

Smirking he would allow his gaze to drift upward, contemplating his own question. "My turn now, hm?" he pondered idly, before blinking and quickly finding his own.

"What's your favorite animal-- if you don't have one, what's your favorite plant?" Grinning a bit, he glanced down and then between the two of them curiously. "Blue hydrangea are my favorite flowers, and I like cats. Lions especially." Glancing down at Riku's hair he blinked, and a brief smile formed on his lips, he hadn't thought about it before but perhaps that was part of why when he'd seen her hair he'd wanted to touch it. It looked quite similar to that flower.

Brushing the thought from his mind, he glanced back to the road as he waited for their responses curiously.

Akemi Nakamura

Character File

Post by Akemi Nakamura Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:55 am

He smiled at Riku’s answer as he was pretty sure that was what it was going to be. As always, though, she remained rather closed. Akemi couldn’t exactly say that they were extremely close, not like her and Satori; it always made him smile seeing those two. Riku thought that he didn’t know that she wanted to cling to the taller boy, but he did. He wasn’t an idiot, just wasn’t as amazing as the other two. He had to do his own thing like they all did.

Satori’s own admission that it was fuuinjutsu surprised Akemi a little bit, as he would’ve sworn that his friend fancied taijutsu more, but he didn’t press the issue, simply kept walking. He didn’t really have much to say, until his friend asked his question.

Akemi had to think on that. Favorite flower? Favorite animal? He’d never really thought of flowers before, they weren’t usually something that tended to interest him and as for animals he liked so many how could he choose just one?! But still, he was playing this game with them, and he had to come up with an answer and come up with one soon.

“Well, in all honesty I don’t really have a favorite plant. I’ve never stopped long enough to look at them. But as for a favorite animal… I like birds a lot, owls specifically. I’ve always loved how they could see very well in the dark.” There was more to the story, but much like Riku he didn’t want to play his hand before it was time. He’d revealed too much to Satori already, and had told Riku a bit more than he should’ve when they’d first met. Now he was trying to rectify these decisions. Though there was much that he didn’t know about them. There was much that they didn’t know about him. With his answer given he went silent to allow Riku her moment to shine.
    Riku
    Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:59 am

"Owls, huh?" Riku commented. "Hoping for good luck?" Her lips quirked upwards in a brief smile. She didn't study what animals represented, but the word for owl could also be read as 'no hardship'. The blue haired genin doubted Akemi truly wanted a life with no hardship; he would never have chosen to be a shinobi if he wanted to avoid that. Besides, the short boy didn't seem adverse to hard work.

Riku glanced up at Satori; she didn't need to narrow her eyes for him to know she was catching onto him.

"That is not a fair question and you know it."

The girl looked at Akemi again. An answer was due one way or another. She grumbled again about how unfair it was to pick a favorite plant for good measure, though.

"I like sakura trees." A subtle and tender smile softened her mouth after the statement, revealing perhaps a bit more about Riku's personality than she meant to.

Her thoughts wandered to the small sakura bonsai she kept in her family's greenhouse. If she had to choose a favorite among her plants, she would choose that little tree, even though the decision would be hard.

"I also like bonsai in general. They're so cute. It's hard to pick a favorite plant, though. They're all wonderful. I suppose that makes trees my favorite, if you mean types of plants. If you mean something more specific then it's sakura bonsai." This statement was a bit too obvious; anyone who paid any attention to the blue haired genin, especially during her Academy days, would know Riku loved plants. Her love of plants was too vast to describe in the context of this question game, though.

"I like koi fish, too. I'd like to have a pond with koi one day," the blue haired genin added with a nod.

"I suppose it's my turn to ask a question now, isn't it?" Riku looked at the two boys.

"Hmm, you're alone in a desert with no food, water, or tools. You see a turtle lying on its back. You don't help it. Why not?”

"I wouldn't help the turtle because I'd need food and tools. I would kill the turtle and cook it with fire jutsu, then keep the shell to collect water when I find it."

Satisfied with her question, Riku watched the two boys to see what they made of her query. Would they find it odd?

[5]

Last edited by Riku on Wed May 15, 2019 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:01 am

The fact Akemi appeared surprised made the tall boy laugh softly, tilting his head slightly to the side as his wide grin showed off the boys long fangs.

“You thought I was going to say Taijutsu, didn’t you?” He inquired with an amused expression, before glancing upward in thought. “I don’t mind it. But that’s my fathers specialty, it’s not cerebral enough for me. There’s too many limitations in comparison to the vast options Fuuinjutsu offers.” As he explained this, the boy would quiet as the other two would respond to his own question. The fact that Akemi liked birds, and owls especially, surprisingly fit quite well.

The boy was a scholar at heart, in many ways. If Riku was an assassin, a doctor by nature and Satori was a tactician, a leader, then Akemi was every bit the scholar. Hungry for knowledge, any knowledge that he could acquire in any branch of skill, eager to become a hero, a weapon and shield of the village. The ace. When he applied the idea of a “Scholar”, one of the animals that came to his mind was an owl.

Riku’s comment on good fortune made him chuckle as well, and her own answer was simple enough and something he’d already known. But the purpose of this wasn’t really for him to acquire knowledge on Riku, but instead for them to both interchange information fairly on themselves with Akemi.

“Owls, Lions, and Sakura Bonsai, huh? Makes a weird mental picture when you combine them all,” he stated with an amused laugh, his hand lifting to hold his chin as Riku asked her own question. It caused him to blink once, not that he was against her decision, but simply at the question itself. A shift from casual conversation to a closer look into their personal moralities and outlooks on life, death, and survival.

“I’d let it live, and right it back onto its stomach,” he stated idly as his gaze drifted upward. “If it’s a turtle and alive, then it had to come from somewhere, and it’ll return to it. I’d follow it back to where it came from, and then use the oasis to my advantage. I’d use the turtles eggs for food and bait for better prey, while ensuring the turtles themselves stayed alive. If it didn’t take me anywhere useful within a day or two, I’d do what Riku did.” With a slight smile, he would then glance down toward Akemi, tilting his head curiously for his own response.

Akemi Nakamura

Character File

Post by Akemi Nakamura Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:38 am

Akemi smiled as he saw Satori’s fangs, something which he knew his friend was proud of and asked if the shorter boy had thought he would say taijutsu. He couldn’t help but flush a little pink in embarrassment. Yeah, it was true that he thought Satori would say, though his explanation as to why he preferred fuuin as to tai made sense. Fuuinjutsu had a great deal of potential applications both in and out of combat. He couldn’t help but admire Satori’s preference. It made sense, after all.

Riku’s inquiring as to good luck was, ironically, something that he’d never considered. Despite their often scholarly connotations, owls were natural hunters with incredibly sharp eyesight and talons not to mention their often impressive wingspans. These were the reasons that he admired the owl, not to for simple luck. He wanted to be like them, get in quickly and strike taking out his prey as quickly as he could. Wasting time wasn’t his style.

He listened attentively as Riku said that she liked sakura bonsai trees and koi fish. So…owls, lions and koi… Not to mention the bonsai. They were certainly a weird trio, walking to the post office like this. Not that he had never thought of himself as weird, far from it, in fact, he thought of himself as fairly strange all the time.

Then came Riku’s question and, while he didn’t freeze, he was glad that the two of them went first. He listened through Riku’s reason and explanation and then Satori’s. Both were accurate and pragmatic, Akemi couldn’t fault either of them for that. But at the same time… That was when he realized it was his turn.

“Honestly, I wouldn’t do anything to help or harm it. If I’m somewhere like that, then I would have the main tools that I needed on me: my jutsu and my fists and more than likely I’m in a hurry and want to get on my way soon to get wherever I’m going as soon as I could get there. Nature would either take its course causing the turtle to survive or something else would arrive to find it. I could escape much quicker and get to better conditions by moving on and not bothering with the turtle.” He nodded once at the end of his sentence. He knew what he would do and why, Satori had helped with that.
    Riku
    Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:54 pm

"Fair enough," Riku said with a shrug. She turned her gaze to their surroundings, done with talking for the moment.

Akemi seemed to be playing his cards close to his chest, which was fine. Riku learned more about people when they weren't talking half the time. What went unsaid, little gestures, habits, all of these details could be put together to construct a profile for later use. He seemed to have some confidence in his own abilities and was focused on where he was going judging by his response to her question. It wouldn't be a far leap to assume the short boy was a goal oriented person.

Before long, the trio reached the post office, not having broken the ice, but cracking it a bit. Upon entering the building, they saw a small crowd of people, all busy. Some were handing over packages to be delivered, a few were picking up deliveries. Some of the postmen were gathering mail to carry off.

One man seemed to be orchestrating the organized chaos.

Riku's gaze focused on him, as he was probably the person they needed to report to. She began moving towards him, careful not to stray too far from the boys or let too many people rush between them.

[6]

Last edited by Riku on Wed May 15, 2019 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:26 am

Satori glanced at Riku, amused that it seemed for now her curiosity was sated for the basics of what kind of person Akemi was, before he straightened and entered the building. They were starting to get a read on one another, and that had been the goal in the first place for this little arrangement.

Stepping around the individuals casually as they scattered about, he followed alongside Riku toward the man that was throwing bags at people and yelling directions. They definitely appeared a bit short staffed judging by how some people were carrying extra bags. As they approached, Satori lifted a hand, the tall boy managing to get the middle-aged man's attention as his eyes narrowed on him briefly.

"Can I help you? Apologies but we're a bit busy," he stated bluntly, before Satori waved a hand in front of his face to shoo the idea away as he shook his head.

"No sir, we're here to help. We accepted your mission," he explained simply, lifting the paper up and causing the man's eyes to calm as he glanced over the trio.

"Ninja huh, good," he grunted, turning and grabbing several bags before handing them to each of the trio. "Deliver those to their destinations, return by the evening, pretty simple," he explained simply causing Satori to nod once before taking a step back and glancing between the other two with a curious expression. Making certain they didn't have any other questions for the man while they were here.

Akemi Nakamura

Character File

Post by Akemi Nakamura Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:27 pm

Akemi looked at Riku as she quickly went silent, realizing that she’d been sizing him up, just as he had been her and, as Satori had him. He couldn’t exactly think too well on his friends and their respective reactions as they entered the place where they needed to get their mission. The moment that they entered the post office, Akemi blinked, looking in at the chaos that surrounded the poor workers. There were so many people walking around. That was when he saw a single man that seemed to be directing it all. With purpose in his stride, Akemi made sure to stay close to Riku and Satori.

Satori was the first to walk up to the man, stating that they were there to help out. The man grunted and nodded, before handing Satori three bags, the bags full of mail that they were to deliver. Akemi nodded and smiled. He was already well aware of what they were to be doing, and the additional instructions were both appreciated but unneeded.

Akemi nodded with a smile. “Right. We just need to deliver the parcels and mail.” Then with a bit of a playful smirk, added, “Looks like ya need all the help you can get about now. Well, we’re here to make sure that the mail gets delivered quickly.” He smiled, looking at Satori. “Deliver the letters. Do it quickly, understood.”
    Riku
    Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:44 pm

Riku listened to the exchange between the man directing the chaotic post office and her teammates for the mission. The instructions were simple and the addresses would likely be written on the packages. For such a simple mission, there weren't many useful questions she could ask. The female genin accepted the armful of packages pushed her way by the postmaster and examined the ones on top of the pile.

It might take a while to find each of the addresses, but it would probably be manageable with a map.

"Could you direct us to where we can find a map of the different zones we need to deliver packages to?" the blue haired teen piped up after a few moments of careful thought.

"Over there," the middle aged man grunted and gestured before turning away from the trio.

Riku walked way, packages in tow to speak with a worker who manned one of the desks. The harried woman gave her a map before turning back to the long line of customers before her.

With quiet thanks, the blue haired teen let her be and walked out of the post office to escape the bustling crowd inside. The amount of noise, movement, and action made any kind of communication or coordination next to impossible. Once outside, Riku let out a small sigh of relief and sucked in a breath of fresh air. The tightness in her chest faded a little and her heart rate calmed.

Although there were still a lot of people milling around the market, there was more space so the crowd wasn't so condensed. Even though the jar incident had been years ago at this point, Riku still felt uncomfortable in most tight spaces.

[7]

Last edited by Riku on Wed May 15, 2019 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:53 am

After distributing the bags, Satori accepted his own and slung it over his shoulder. Glancing to the side at the two as his brow rose in curiosity, Akemi's sudden smirk and words caused a bemused expression to form on his lips. It was rare to see him tease someone else, but it was nice seeing the boy beginning to come into his own. Ever since their hunt together, he'd steadily begun to grow in more ways than just raw power and skill.

Riku's question caused a low hum from his chest. Satori knew the districts almost perfectly at this point between his near-photographic memory and how much he explored and helped around the village. But at the same time he also knew Riku and Akemi didn't have the same benefits. He should have considered that. Smiling and making a mental note to focus on more than just himself in the future, he followed along with the blue haired girl until they reached the other individual.

Once the map was given he stepped out with them and glanced over the contents of his bag. Luckily it was properly organized with cloth dividers separating each districted and the individual homes mail holding bands around them to separate as well. Trailing a claw along the papers he examined them before grunting and looking up at the other two. Stepping aside from the doorway so they didn't block it off.

"I have the northern district, what about you two?"

Akemi Nakamura

Character File

Post by Akemi Nakamura Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:54 pm

Slowly he reached forwards and took the bag, slowly picking it up and putting it over his own shoulders. He saw Satori’s brows rising with an amused expression, and Akemi grinned back. The more that he’d practiced, the better that he’d gotten and so he was becoming more and more confident the further along he went. As always, he loved working and experimenting with endless abandon. He still had to get some actual weapons soon. Much as he liked that weapon his mom had given him, well he needed to get actual weapons and practice with them.

Riku asked about a map and Akemi walked over slowly once the man had pointed out the map on the wall. Looking over it, he gave a few low hums in thought and concentration. Though he didn’t have the photographic memory that Satori did, he at the very least had improvisation. Here that didn’t exactly help him that much, but he was quite certain that he could find a clever way around whatever might be in his way.

Akemi looked into his own bag. Each had been nicely sorted, though some packages could have bumped around a little bit. He knew some of the addresses well enough. East District, area that he lived and grew up in. He couldn’t help but smile a bit before looking back at Satori and Riku.

“I’ve got the East,” he said, with a smile. “What about you Riku?”
    Riku
    Riku

Character File

Post by Riku Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:02 pm

Riku took a moment to examine the contents of her own bag of packages after stuffing the copy of the map into one of her pockets.

"South," she announced her assignment, voice a bit flat. The addresses weren't very familiar, but a few moments with the map would be more than enough for her to figure out a basic route. Riku went back to looking at the addresses on the packages and taking note of any patterns. She put the strap of the bag over her head so that it rested against her shoulder and dug in her pockets for a small, blank notebook. The blue haired genin jotted down a few notes before pulling the map out again to examine it.

Using her notes she drew a few lines indicating where she would need to go before folding the map and stowing it away with her notebook and pencil.

"Let's get started."

[7]

Items:

Stats/Effects:
    Satori Ryuutei
    Satori Ryuutei

Character File

Post by Satori Ryuutei Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:06 am

Satori nodded once in agreement as Riku commented on getting started. This was going to be the section of the mission that they talked the least, after all, they'd be separating. But that was a good thing at this stage, and it was why Satori had them talk a bit before reaching the post office. He wanted to give both of them a bit of time to think about their interactions and relax the air a bit.

Riku was antisocial and incredibly introverted. Pushing Akemi at her for too long at a time right off the bat would have the opposite effect he was after. Similarly, Akemi was gaining confidence but was still naturally uncertain and anxious. If he was going to help him progress the relationship then they had to get some breaks in there as well. Clapping his hands together he grinned.

"How about a bit of competition then? We'll all meet back here once we're done, first one here gets to have a treat from my mothers baking," it was a minor thing. But stirring competition in either of them would be good. Cooperation, light rivalry, and mutual growth were all going to be incredibly important if the three of them were going to grow at any dedicated rate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 am