Welcome Guest! You have made 50 posts!

Join Our Discord! : Here After high demand from everyone, we've finally opened a Discord Chat Server for the site!
We are an AU Naruto Roleplay Forum!

2 posters

Zurui vs Takeo, Alkaid, Tsubaki, & Ken

Honiko Yoshidara
    Honiko Yoshidara

Zurui vs Takeo, Alkaid, Tsubaki, & Ken Empty Zurui vs Takeo, Alkaid, Tsubaki, & Ken

Post by Honiko Yoshidara Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:17 am

Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Earth Release, Steel Release, Fuuninjutsu, Misc. Crafting, Ninjutsu, Ijutsu, Sensory, Kugutsu
    Class: X
    Ryo: 750,000 Ryo

Zurui vs Takeo, Alkaid, Tsubaki, & Ken Empty Re: Zurui vs Takeo, Alkaid, Tsubaki, & Ken

Post by Kim Chang-Min Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:20 am

RULING:

Zarui's chains connect to Takeo. The 1 tier worth of difference is not an automatic successful dodge given the absence of a specific description on how his recoil relates to the chains. The chains have been described in multiple places as operating like an AoE attack and thus must be addressed with greater specificity than they were  originally.

Zarui's shuriken throw likewise  connects to Takeo. The shuriken were not addressed  in any manner and I found the writing pretty clear that they were moving  in to back up the Chain Path and Eden. Absent a specific description of how the recoil somehow moves him out of the way, I assume even with recoil he moves backwards but not out of the way so the shuriken just travel further but still ultimately reach and strike him. The shuriken will inflict the prescribed bleed damage on Takeo's neck and chest, he will die in a short span of time unless a LB point is used or some other intervening act makes it not so.

Takeo's fire Ninjutsu connects to Eden, the Chain Path, Zarui, and all the other zombie Paths. Banjo Tennis requires the Snake handseal (a two handed maneuver) yet Zarui's post makes no mention of making a handseal for use of this technique. I see no evidence of anything that removes the seal requirement. As a result the attempt at using Banjo Tennis completely fails. Even assuming that the chains have made contact with Takeo at the moment of release and mitigate its power, it is still operating at B-Rank power. This and the lack of counter-measures taken by Zarui and his Paths means that they will be roasted alive. Zar will die in a short span of time unless a LB point is used or some other intervening act makes it not so. I guess since the paths are already dead and are thus corpses they just kinda have flesh sloughing all of them and sufficient physical integrity damage that they are unable to function with any meaningful degree of competency.  I feel obliged to bring this up because the validity of the technique was called into question and while I defend its approval, it must be used correctly otherwise its usage is void (as with any other technique of similar complexity and power).

This thread may now proceed with the following ruling in effect.
    Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File
    Skills & Elements: Earth Release, Steel Release, Fuuninjutsu, Misc. Crafting, Ninjutsu, Ijutsu, Sensory, Kugutsu

Zurui vs Takeo, Alkaid, Tsubaki, & Ken Empty Re: Zurui vs Takeo, Alkaid, Tsubaki, & Ken

Post by Kim Chang-Min Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:21 am

RULING:

Zurui's usage of precognitive saves to set up counters for Ken, Alkaid, and Tsubaki is valid. Aside from his sensory abilities, precog saves allow someone to predict and set up preventative measures. This includes narrow circumstances where the person in question is not aware of the enemy's presence. While there is some controversy as to how precog saves worked I have asked the only two other staff members not involved in this topic and they confirmed that this is indeed how they work. Additionally after a thorough search in staff archives I can find one other instance of another ex-staff member agreeing (in an entirely different context and in a debate not related to this conflict) that that is how precog saves worked.

While Zurui may have the ability to precog his opponents, his actions are not guaranteed to succeed if his counter-measures cannot be prepared fast enough to stop the action. It is important to note here that many of Zurui's counter-measures involve the use of the Demonic Statue Chains which move at B-Tier Speed. The speed of the chains is not dependent on his own physical stats and capabilities. Keep in mind Zurui's attempted counter-attacks are just that: attempts. No hits can be called on his part as of yet and his opponents may react, avoid, or seek to render them invalid with counters of their own.

Zurui's counter-attack with reference to the NPC's are valid because he can auto-hit them anyways and I do not believe it was out intention to require stat-checks for defeating NPCs that one can autohit.

Zurui's counter-attack with reference to Tsubaki is valid as he utilizes sealess Genjutsu and a chain neither of which are dependent on his core physical stats.

Zurui's counter-attack with reference to Alkaid is valid as he positions the chain before she even lands in front of Takeo in which case I would say it is not per se unreasonable for it to possibly catch Alkaid before she manages to fire her bullets.

Zurui's counter-attack with reference to Ken is valid as he utilizes sealess Genjutsu and a chain neither of which are dependent on his core physical stats.

Any other actions outside of the counter-attack assume the counter-attack succeeds (which may not be the case depending on what his opponents do) so his ability to execute those other actions are not set in stone. Two things I do want to point out though:

Assuming the counter-attacks succeed, Takeo would be dragged over the seal and him moving down into the ground. Zurui's is technically incorrect in saying that no one stopped it from happening. The attacks aimed at him and his Path are such that if they succeed he will be dead and his path obliterated in which case Takeo doesn't get dragged to him and the ground doesn't collapse.
    Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File

Post by Kim Chang-Min Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:21 am

RULING:

There has been a request for another ruling on Zurui's use of the Physical Limit Break Point and Ryuko's description of him falling out of the sky due to it running out before he can escape. Zurui's use of the Physical Limit Break Point in this thread is valid and Ryuko's description of him falling out of the sky is invalid and void. The Physical Limit Break Point states as follows: "Boost any one stat to S-Tier for one attack/action. If the affected stat is naturally S-Tier, then boost it to X-Tier instead.". The Limit Break Point is being used to boost his stats to S-Tier Speed which allows for the following perk: " this point you're capable of jumping off air. ".

The single action that Zurui is using for his Limit Break Point is to escape. While it is true that a jump is an action I would not restrict his Phsyical Limit Break Point to one or a few jump when the action as a whole is directed to escape. Similarly if someone popped a Physical LB point to Strength perform a jumping high kick I would not null their kick operating at S-Tier Strength because the act of jumping preceded it. Similarly here Zurui's use of success jumping to leave the area constitutes one general action to which he is entitled S-Tier Speed. What constitutes a full "action" or "attack" for the purpose of LB point usage isn't always entirely clear but for the purpose of interpreting it it should be as broad and as generous as reasonable and I think it would be unreasonable to have him waste an LB point escaping into the heavens only to have him die from a fall because he is only allowed 5-6 jumps. I would say he is allowed as many S-Tier jumps as needed to complete the singular action of escaping this thread.

That being said, there are a couple of caveats:

1. If his act of jumping is successfully interrupted by say someone moving at S-Tier Speed or otherwise with a means to halt his escape attempt then the LB point is considered used. Similarly if someone used a Physical LB point to attempt an attack at S-Tier Strength if I manage to dodge or interrupt the attack, the LB point boost doesn't continually indefinitely until my opponent's attack lands.

2. The LB point boost is for the purpose of escaping this thread only. I noticed in his post Zurui specified his travel path as though he can wait the necessary time and go straight there at S-Tier Speed. If this is what he is implying it is invalid and void. The LB point will grant S-Tier Speed for the purpose of leaving this topic only. Whenever he posts in his next thread the LB point's power will leave him and he will be forced to descend (by jumping down I guess). He can choose to do this safely or if he does not he will then plummet to his death. If Zurui manages to escape this thread and wishes to escape the village proper he will need to post at the gates in some capacity pursuant to travel rules. Once he posts there he will be at his normal speed as his LB point will have been considered used up. I would not allow someone to use an LB point for the purpose of escaping an entire village or running across lands. The boost will be for escaping this thread and this thread only.
    Kim Chang-Min
    Kim Chang-Min

Character File

Post by Kim Chang-Min Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:23 am

RULING:

There has been a request for a ruling on the validity of Takeo, Alkaid, and Ken's attempts to stop Zurui from exiting this thread. Zurui has posted in a different thread and maintains that he is under no obligation to respond to the attacks levied at him because they is no chance of connection and are invalid attempts to interrupt his escape.

Alkaid and Ken's attempt to stop Zurui from existing the thread is valid and their hit successfully connects. While it is true that Zurui is not falling as Alkaid's post mentions (that portion was voided) it is incorrect to assume that her actions thereafter do not happen. The post does not make her actions solely contingent on him falling it only expresses that IF he were to fall it'd be problematic because he'd die but it would be a totally inaccurate to say her and Ken's attempted attack are null/interrupted because he failed to fall.

Their had to be some way to catch him in mid air before he plummeted but she wasn’t anywhere near clever enough to figure that out on her own.   Just when all hope of catching up to him seemed lost Ken appeared before her joining her on the rooftop as if he had anticipate that she was in need of assistance.

Alkaid is attempting to intercept him before he falls. That is not to say that she will not try to intercept him if he does in fact not fall. If her prediction about him falling doesn't occur then it doesn't occur. What she aims to do is catch him in mid-air before he falls so it stands to reason she follows through with her actions even as Zurui maintains his jumping as her whole attempt is founded on catching him prior to that. Alkaid is tossed by Ken at S++ Tier Speeds given Ken's immense strength and although his aim is God-awful (C-Tier Coordination) he may use his precog to predict the general timing/location of Zurui when it comes to performing this counter-measure. The speed at which Alkaid is thrown exceeds Zurui's so she will be able to intercept him. Ken has poor Coor but his precog and the fact that Zurui made no response at all means that their will be connection but it won't be clean. Alkaid will haphazardly strike Zurui in close passing. Zurui will sustain a broken bone and be in significant pain (unless some intervening act occurs) but because it isn't a direct hit he will not receive multiple broken bones nor will he be knocked unconscious on impact. Additionally, because Takeo nor Ken specified how their attacks relate to one another I'm just going to assume roughly around the time Alkaid makes impact Takeo unleashes his Wind Pressure attack which may potentially blow Alkaid further away from Zurui. or perhaps knock her off course. Alkaid is the first one to hit Zurui but beyond that how she deals with the tornado that's being shot in her vicinity is up to her to handle in her next post.

Takeo's attempt to stop Zurui from leaving the thread is valid and his hits connect. While it is true that Zurui is moving really fast at S-Tier Speed, Takeo accounts for this in his post. His first attack with the Wind Pressure tornado is just a setup and I don't believe was intended to connect in the first instance. Its moving at B-Tier so it wouldn't hit Zurui in any case. However, his next attack the Wind Ball is moving at A+ Speed which is only a ++ away from Zurui's. Additionally, Takeo specifically writes about how he uses his precognitive save to account for the speed difference and essentially aims his wind ball directly in Zurui's jumping path. Zurui fails to respond to this and thus shortly after being hit by Alkaid, he is struck by the Wind Ball which kills him on impact (unless some intervening act occurs) given the difference in Constitution and the technique's power. The followup attack using Intelligent Hard Work will obliterate him completely given its range and power. It also threatens to seriously damage or kill Alkaid as well.

Zurui's post at the gates is hereby void due to him dying for lack of response to the attacks levied against him in this thread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:59 am